Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Rosedale is seeking a dedicated part-time Parish Administrator. The Parish Administrator oversees the day-to-day operation and function of the congregation for the purpose of overseeing church communications, coordinating day to day activities, and the support needed for them to successfully occur.
The Parish Administrator will have proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and cloud computing for database management. Microsoft proficiency is required with a HS diploma and at least 2 years secretarial experience.
The Parish Administrator reports to the Senior Pastor.
Part-time/ 25 hrs. per week (Monday – Friday 5 hrs./day).
No overtime but Comp time is permitted.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to senior pastor, staff, Church council officers, and committees.
- Maintain membership statistics, Parish register, addresses, and Church Management System.
- Maintain office equipment, order office supplies, assist in orders for worship, and other supplies needed by committees.
- Be the point of contact for the vendors and service personnel who work on equipment and systems within the church.
- Maintain congregational calendar of events.
- Schedule room usage with internal and external groups (once approved by the Council), and assignment of various church keys through the organization and outside groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate, edit, organize, print, copy, and assemble printed materials to include worship bulletins, newsletter, and materials for special services and Church seasons as needed and as dictated by the Church calendar.
- Communicate with congregation and others via email, signage, flyers, and on-screen announcements.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary starting at $15/hour and is commensurate with ability.
Applications will be accepted until the best candidate is found.
To apply please email resume and cover letter to HR.email@example.com
Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 10 days vacation and 5 days sick/personal leave and will begin 90 days after the start of employment. PTO is accumulative to 15 days combined (can be carried over to following year).
Paid holidays include Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, and July 4th.
The church is located on MTA bus line #56. There is free parking available.